Today’s practice is going to require some time spent reflecting on your walk with The Lord. Hopefully, there have been times where your faith was strong and confident. Likely, there have also been times where you have struggled with belief. It can be helpful to keep a record of these highs and lows of your spiritual journey, so that you have a concrete reminder of the faithfulness of God in your life.
Today, you will make a timeline of your walk with The Lord. You can be creative as you would like, but following these steps:
- Pray that The Lord would bring to mind times that have influenced your belief.
- Write down important events, people, things you read in Scripture, or circumstances that The Lord used to increase your belief.
- Write down the times you have struggled to believe in The Lord (think through hard circumstances, bad news, or disappointments you or your family faced).
- Pray that The Lord would continue to increase your faith and the faith in those around you. Be sure to add on to your timeline as The Lord answers this prayer.
- How easy or difficult was it to think of times that increased your faith?
- Do you see any consistent patterns in the way the Lord works in your life to increase your faith?
Father, thank you for the stories that you have written for us. Thank you for the seasons in our life that were difficult that increased our faith in you. Thank you for using our stories to bring glory to Yourself. I pray that you would continue to increase our faith and allow us to reflect on the ways that you are working in our lives. Amen.